Thursday, November 27, 2008

博士学位论文答辩 PhD Thesis Defense

Here are several photos taken from my defense.

The defender, fearless and hardened :)

Ms. Yi Ling was giving a kind introduction on me to the committee members and audiences. In the very front of the picture are three female scholars in my committee: Dr. Hongya Gu (Peking Univ.), Dr. Shuhua Yang (CAU), and Dr. Xiujie Wang (CAS). They are all brillient scientists and good tutors!

I was doing the viva.

The concentrated audiences. In the center is my mentor, Dr. Zhen Su.
I was explaining some serious stuff to Dr. De Ye who are very interested in my work.


Acknowledgments:

Professor Zhen Su and his wife Ms. Wenying Xu for bringing me to this step;
Professor Ziding Zhang for his continuous encouragement;
Ms. Yi Ling for her kindness in everything!
Dr. Junjie Fu, Dr. Haiyan Wu (became PhD one day later than I am!), and Yunyan Liu who were previous lab members and my close friends;
Zhiyu Peng and Linchuan Li for productive collaboration and friendship;
All the lab members and my friends;
And finally my dear parents!

2 comments:

Ferry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Congratulation!