Wednesday, May 4, 2011

European press

There is a hot water heater in the break room which used to serve us well, where tea other hot drinks can be instantly made by pulling a handle to get the hot running water, as long as you don't put your hand down there. But recently it's not working anymore, and it's left there unfixed for about two month, well, until now. Fellow workers who are used to a hot drink once in a while expressed their frustration by putting tags on the tap saying "my name is BROKEN!". Just now I saw two plumbers bending over the thing working on it.

But I got to use a French press I had in possession during this period. Soon after the incident, coffee makers starts to appear on breakroom table one after another, and I'm the only one who uses a french press (I use microwave to heat it). In the beginning I had no idea it is actually called a "French press". One morning while I was using it, a lady walked by. I think she is European, but I never confirmed that. She said to me, "emm, a nice French Press there you have". And I replied with correction: "yes... ehh, acutally it is made in Germany,".

The lady showed some surprise, then quickly turned to normal and said, "well, then that's a European press!"

No comments: