Friday, January 6, 2012

Let the Will be done

I'm reading Garth Nix' "Keys to the Kingdom" novels. Starting from a month ago, now I just finished book II, "The Grim Tuesday". But I'm already a captive of author's talented imagination. Only not until I finished book I did I realize these novels were written right after the "Sabriel" trilogy, which are also my favorite (I read the Sabriel for 3 times). I couldn't help but contrast the two fantasy series. They were so different apart that I could not draw any similarity in style of writing with my scant experience in English literature.

I'm also writing a book chapter on my little genome browser for Current Protocol in Bioinformatics, who doesn't even provide me a latex template. It's like reorganizing the user manual, but I have to get myself grilled by dealing with a hundred figures. Though there has already been a manual, it could not decrease my pain a tiny bit. I'm just such at writing. And thinking about another book chapter to write right after this one, I just felt beaten and again marvel at Garth Nix's amazing productiveness in writing. Maybe I should start worshiping him instead of programming nerds.

January 6, 2012, temperature is 70F at 3pm in St. Louis. Step outdoor, and greet the sun bear.

No comments: